Ted’s Tours ran this trip a couple years ago and the folks who participated raved about how much fun it was.
So we are bringing it back for Fall 2017.
Three-day trip to Indiana, PA
November 17-19, 2017
“It’s a Wonderful Life” to Jimmy Stewart’s hometown
Cost is $489p.p.
Day 1, Friday, November 17, 2017
· 7:00 AM Depart Bethlehem – City Line Lot
· 12:00 PM Approximate noon arrival in Indiana, Pa for a “wonderful” three days!
Enjoy lunch included upon arrival at Bruno’s Italian Restaurant
1108 Philadelphia St, Indiana, PA (724) 465-8493
· 1:30 – 2:00 PM Enjoy a driving tour of Indiana to include Jimmy’s boyhood home, the church he
attended, former location of dad’s hardware store and parts of the campus of Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
· 2:00 – 2:45 PM At the Jimmy Stewart Museum you see many photos and exhibits of Mr.
Stewart’s private and public life including an outstanding military career.
· 3:00 PM Check in to our hotel Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, (Formerly Holiday Inn)
1395 Wayne Avenue & Route 422, Indiana, PA (724)- 463-3561
· 4:30 – 5:30 PM Prior to dinner you have some time to browse the downtown shops, perhaps
finding that special gift for someone.
· 5:30 PM Dinner included at Coney’s Restaurant (724) 465-8082
642 Philadelphia St, Indiana
Following dinner everyone will board the hometown float and join in the It’s a
Wonderful Life” parade.
Following the parade we will return to our hotel after a long day and relax.
Day 2, Saturday, November 18, 2017
· 8:00 – 9:00 am Breakfast at the hotel
· 9:00 am Depart with our local guide for a fun filled day of touring.
· 9:30 – 11:30 AM Travel to Punxsutawney this morning you visit Gobbler’s Knob, the site of every
Feb 2’s Groundhog Day festivities. Meet Phil and his handler! Throughout the
town you see some of the whimsical fiberglass “Phils,” decorated by local artists
and make a stop at Phil’s Souvenir Shop.
· 12:00 – 3:00 PM Enroute back to Indiana a stop is made at Windgate Winery where a boxed
lunch is provided along with tasting and time to browse the Antique Shop and Art Gallery. Continuing along the country roads of the Amish community of Smicksburg a stop is made at Yoder’s
Quilt Shop prior to arrival to the little village of Smicksburg where you can browse through some small shops.
· 3:30 – 4:00 PM Return to your hotel enjoy an hour or so of “R&R”
· 5:15 pm Depart hotel
· 5:30 – 7:00 PM Dinner this evening is at nearby Rustic Lodge with an “It’s a Wonderful Life” themed buffet. Following dinner you’ll meet Chris Collins, a local actor who will present a synopsis of “It’s a Wonderful Life” as JIMMY!
· 7:15 PM Return to hotel where you may decorate a Christmas tree while waiting Santa’s arrival with goodies for all!
Day 3, Sunday, November 19, 2017
8:00 – 9:00 am Breakfast
9:15 – 10:15 AM Visit the Victorian Silas Clark House, decorated for the holidays by the local garden club. A visit here, in addition to the house tour provides a history of coal mining, a gown from President Grant’s inauguration and a 19th century doctor’s office.
10:45 – 12:00PM Fleming’s Christmas Tree Farm. Indiana has long been known as the Christmas Tree Capitol of the World and today you climb aboard a hay wagon (weather permitting - can be done via your motor-coach) to ride to the tree fields and learn how trees are harvested and prepared for delivery. A warm beverage and snacks greet you in the gift shop and you have the opportunity to participate in purchasing a tree for families of the Trees for Troops Program.
12:30 pm Lunch on own at a local Eat N Park Restaurant, 2675 Oakland Ave, Indiana, PA (724) 465-2301
1:30 PM Depart for home
We will have a DVD of the famous “It’s a Wonderful Life” movie for the ride home.
6:00 PM Arrive back in Bethlehem
** Itinerary is subject to change
For reservations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· A $100 deposit per person will be due within two weeks of booking.
· Final payment due by October 15
Please make your checks payable to:
1632 Finches Garden Road
Bethlehem, PA 18015